The Path to Success Starts Here
Stepping Stones to Self-Sufficiency
Our programs are designed to benefit every aspect of work and family life, from education and employment to parenting and planning ahead. Our current programs include:
- Sheltering of up to 50 women and children at one time, including a bedroom for each family, meals, unlimited time to stay and all at no cost to the resident
- Case management for women and children
- Parenting workshops
- Adult educational assistance
- Children’s educational and cultural enrichment programs
- Employment programs
- Financial literacy training
- Life skills training
- Savings match program
Resource assistance, including
- Health services
- Youth services
- Education/continued education
- Recreational outings
“With everything I learned at the shelter, I have opened up a savings account and have been saving for quite a while. Not to mention I have a steady flow of income and my job is going great!” – Tasha
Seeking Emergency or Transitional Housing?
The New Orleans Women & Children’s Shelter provides emergency or transitional housing for women over age 18,
including women with children and pregnant women who are dealing with homelessness.
For information, call 504.962.6697 or email email@example.com.